I’m sure I’m doing pretty much every single thing wrong when it comes to this, but I’ve shaved my head twice now without neither slicing my noggin to ribbons nor leaving tufts of hairs… so I can’t be that far off the mark.
Usually I get help buzzing my head with some decent clippers. Since I’m on the go for right now, I had to take matters in my own hands – I had a hair colour, and that means my hair was longer than I like.
What you’ll need:
- Some form of clippers, if you wait as long between shaving your head as I have been.
- A razor, and based on other peoples comments on my favorite shave forum, I decided against a DE.
- A brush, and I picked my cheap synth since it was next to my BiC in the bag.
- Shaving soap, and stick seemed sensible to me.
- A handheld mirror, as well as wall mounted mirror
- Aftershave or moisturizer.
Start by buzzing of as much as possible of the hair, using the mirror to make sure you haven’t missed any spots. Rinse well. Apply soap and lather. Shave carefully, using the mirror and avoid any pressure. Rinse and repeat. Wash any remaining soap off, inspect and apply aftershave and/or moisturizer. And that is that.