Just for fun, I summarised all my razors:
- Ever-Ready 1914 vintage SE; Used to belong to an old friend of the family. Lovely razor, but don’t work all that well on my neck. Not given up on it yet..
- Cadet TP-01; Three piece open comb. More aggressive and less mild than my Merkur OCs – efficient, comfortable, inexpensive and well made razor.
- Cadet TTO-13; Twist To Open safety bar. Reasonable flat blade angle and medium blade gap makes for an efficient and aggressive razor. Fairly heavy.
- Feather Popular; Mild Twist To Open of mixed construction. A good razors for beginners and shavers wanting a mild razor – PIFed mine away and misses it.
- Gillette 1958 TV Special; Vintage Twist To Open short handled razor. Shaves great, fairly mild. Worth it if you can find one in good condition.
- Merkur 25C; Long handled three piece Open Comb. Mild yet efficient, one of my favourite razors.
- Merkur 39C: The AXE of my collection. Heavy, slanted and somewhat aggressive, this three piece razor will take a weeks growth off in one pass. Highly recommended.
- Merkur 985CL; Short handled open comb travel razor. As mild and efficient as the 25C, but half the weight and a shorter handle.
- Parker 22R; My very first DE, and you’ll have to take it from my cold, dead hands. reasonable mild, somewhat unforgiving to user errors. I would recommend it, but be aware that Parker has somewhat of a reputation of poor quality control.
- Racer razor; Cheap and cheerful mixed construction two piece. Flat blade and largish blade gap makes for an aggressive but not very harsh shave. Cap covers ends of blades, good for travelling and people wanting a cheap razor.
- Wilkinson Classic; Solid two piece razor of mixed construction. Middle of the road razor as far as aggressiveness goes, good razor for beginners in my opinion.
- Unknown German Bakelite Slant; Possible made by Merkur, short handled three piece slant. Very light weight and surprisingly mild, it comes highly recommended.
- Yuma safety razor; Three piece pot metal razor. Feels harsh but gives a smooth shave, very loud due to hollow handle. Not for beginners, but recommended if you want a fun and slightly scary razor.
Links to reviews on this page of my blog.